Leigh Stark, freelance technology journalist came to Howorth HQ to raid our camera storeroom. We got the low down while he was here!
- How did you get into journalism?
I was originally a script writer and I was offered the chance to review video games and one thing lead to another!
- What’s the best thing about working in journalism?
You meet some awesome people on both the PR and the journo side. I also adore playing with gadgets and explaining to people how technology works
- What’s been your best story or the story you’ve been most proud of?
Finding Pandora was coming to Australia before even the Australia PR team
- What does the future look like for journalists given all the changes?
Very, very busy, we have to write extra amounts now and be constantly working. I think the answer to this question is no sleep!
- Have you ever made a stuff-up on the job and what was it? Any other funny stories?
You don’t make many mistakes as a journalist because if you do you can repeal them and not tell anyone about them!
However, last night I was at an event with two PR pros and I thought they were married and made a comment about it. Turns out they are just colleagues!
- Name three people you would like to have round for drinks
Miles Davis, Nigel Kennedy, my grand aunt who passed only a few months ago
- Where would we find you in your spare time?
Behind a computer writing reviews! Yes, even in my spare time, I love it!
- If you weren’t a journalist you’d be a….